Heavy Equipment Condition Intelligence Specialist
The Heavy Equipment Condition Intelligence (CI) Specialist is responsible for providing off-site support to Dingo mining and wind customers and to the onsite Dingo Program Managers by providing timely and accurate oil analysis and condition management data interpretations and recommendations. The CI Specialist will provide maintenance corrective actions supported by Dingo proprietary Troubleshooting Guides. Other duties include assisting Program Managers and clients in support of breakdown avoidance, condition management, condition-based component changes, lubrication usage optimization, and warranty claims. CI Specialists are also expected to contribute to the ongoing development of Dingo’s proprietary Troubleshooting Guides.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and interpret condition management data to diagnose failure modes in lubricated components.
- Assist with and develop Diagnostic Guidelines and detailed steps in locating and repairing sources of contamination within lubricated systems troubleshooting guides.
- Development of rules based analytics to quickly identify issues and determine if corrective actions are needed.
- Provide technical support to Dingo Program team in the areas of component condition assessments, lubrication recommendations, and other core condition management analyses.
- Follow up on components or lubricants that have been flagged for questionable results.
- Ensure that Dingo customers have a favorable impression and consistently good experience.
- Effectively communicate technical condition management information to customers in a way they can readily translate into maintenance actions.
- Produce high quality observation reviews and recommendations each day. The set number will be based on human safety and mission criticality.
- Monitoring of condition management software database to correct any errors and ensure accuracy.
- Assess health of lubricated components for which component life can be extended by changing on condition.
- Organize and conduct remote Condition Management follow-up meetings with customers and team members.
- Familiarity with mining and industrial maintenance principles and in-depth understanding of mechanical detail, design, and equipment repair.
- Knowledge of lubrication applications and maintenance principles.
- Sound understanding of condition monitoring technologies and tools including their applications.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment used in mining and other heavy asset intensive industries.
- Background in maintenance systems and processes.
- Exceptional communication (verbal/written) skills, coupled with strong information management abilities.
- Excellent relationship skills (influence, direct, motivate, evaluate), team building techniques, and leadership capabilities, that can be applied both internally and externally.
- Effective organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Five (5) plus years of heavy industrial equipment maintenance experience in an industrial or mining environment or Mechanical/Mining Engineering degree and (2) years’ work experience
- Experience using condition management in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of condition management, lubrication and maintenance principles.
- Experience working in a heavy industry equipment environment.
- Experience using VIMS or other onboard machine monitoring and condition monitoring to predict maintenance issues is a plus.
- A sound pattern of using facts and data to troubleshoot, solve problems and make difficult decisions.
- Working knowledge of maintenance practices associated with heavy equipment, mining equipment is preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or multiple years of work experience for the equivalent is a strong plus.
- Hands on work experience as a shop or field mechanic for industrial mining equipment is preferred.
- Strong competencies using MS Office Suite and other software analytical programs are required.
Dingo provides competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package in a stable and supportive work environment. The company’s unrelenting commitment to progress creates numerous opportunities for personal development and growth.
Dingo is a privately held, international firm that has the tools and expertise to help asset-intensive industries build proactive maintenance programs that drive productivity, profitability, and performance. We're backed by a 25-year track record of proven results in the mining industry, generating over $300 million in savings for some of the world's leading mining companies, such as Anglo American, Barrick, BMA, Newmont, and Teck.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and become part of a team that truly makes a difference to our customers, please submit a cover letter and resume.